- The Genghis Khan MTB Adventure is a sports event open to everyone, but promotes amateur, or non-professional, cycling. This means that professional cyclists, or ex professionals who have retired less than one year before the date of the event, can only take part 'out of competition', i.e. they will not feature in the result list nor receive any prizes. These cyclists are also expected not to influence the outcome of the competition and restrict themselves to defensive riding.
- Definition of a ‘professional cyclist’: A professional or (ex) professional biker is a person whose name features on the current official team list of a UCI ProTour, Pro Continental or Continental team, as well as a UCI Elite MTB team, or UCI MTB team. The team lists are available for checking on the website of the UCI, the International Cycling Federation. You can find them here: http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/teams/ . Fast riders who are hired as occasional guest riders for any of the aforementioned team categories, or for a national team appearance, are not considered professionals. The UCI team list is the only criteria we use to define a professional cyclist.
- Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, ID, Birth Date and Native Place same as the ones of the permanent residence booklet.
- Non-Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, ID, and Nationality same as the ones printed in their valid passports.
- Genghis Khan MTB Adventure is a mountainbike challenge with timing via electronic chip for non-professional and recreational athletes.
- Each participant shall fill in the registration form correctly and completely (a written consent from the relevant guardians is demanded for participants under 18 or over 60). Participants shall sign up the official way and pay the registration fee within 3 days. Registration for 2017 has two phases with the Early Bird phase and a regular phase. There's early bird rates until 31 December 2016. Afterwards, race fees will be increased.
- Each registered participant will receive a participant’s bag at the event’s race office in Xiwuqi Hotel, which contains the following items: number bib, bike plate, electronic chip, event T-shirt(just as a souvenir, size is random), sponsor gifts, printed route map with marked water/food points, mineral water.
- Participants are required to be in proper and healthy condition and will sign a statement saying so upon collecting the number bib at the event’s race office. Nordic Ways declines all liability if health problems are experienced during the event.
- Nordic Ways will purchase insurances for the registered athletes until five days before the start of the Genghis Khan Festival, based on the correct information provided. Hence, participants are required to fill in the necessary information in correct fashion. Otherwise, they are personally responsible for any risk or injury occurred during the event.
- As of 3 July 2017, people who still wish to sign up for the competition are required to arrange their own insurance cover.
- Registered participants who obtain injury or any other health hazard during the event shall follow the official insurance procedure. Nordic Ways will not pay the medical treatment fee in advance.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory for each participant in the MTB event.
- Mountainbikers are personally responsible to ensure their bikes and equipment are fit for the task, including the rental bike of choice.
- Footpeg, lock, etc. shall all be removed before the start of the event.
- Only leg power is allowed. Any kind of automatic or mechanic aids (such as battery-charged engines) are strictly prohibited. Riders who get caught with "mechanical doping" equipment on their bike will be banned for life from Nordic Ways cycling events.
- Force majeure Nordic Ways and/or the local organization committee is authorized to shorten race distances or cancel the event due to unforeseen or exceptional circumstances that jeopardize the security of the event or its participants
Health & insurance
Health & insurance
Go to the Online registration form