As increasingly more people take part in both the running and mountainbiking races at the Genghis Khan Festival, the King of the Grasslands (KOG) competition was formally introduced to the schedule in 2013 and with great response. Over 30 athletes attempted the incredible feat of finishing the 3 long distance stages of the MTB competition as well as the 42.5k long Grassland Marathon running. In 2014, the number more than doubled already with 78 participants, and in 2015 there were almost 150 participants andin 2016 there were almost 180 participants in the competition. It remains a true test-of-strength, however, as the DNF rate remains high.
Prizemoney King of the Grasslands 2017
- 1. In the context of the 2016 Genghis Khan MTB Adventure and Grassland Marathon run, KOGproject will continue to be retained that highlights the athlete who combines and completes the 3-day MTB long distance race and 42km marathon run in the fastest time.
- 2. Both men and women will be ranked.
- 3. The male athlete who achieves this feat will receive the honourable title of “King of the Grasslands” , while the fastest female athlete will be the “Queen of the Grasslands”.
- 4. The official abbreviation for this competition is “KOG”.
- 5. In order to be ranked in the official KOG competition, athletes must without exception finish within the maximum time limits of all 3 long distance stages of the Genghis Khan MTB Adventure, as well as the 42km Grassland Marathon.
- 6. The KOG ranking will be established by adding up the finishing time of an athlete’s marathon run with his/her finishing time in each of the three MTB stages. The athlete who completes these four races in the fastest time is the winner of the KOG competition.
- 7. The winners (m/f) of the KOG competition will get some prizemoney, a special gift prize and a honourable certificate, and will be awarded accordingly during the official final Podium Ceremony of the 2015 Genghis Khan Festival.
- 8. The Top 6 athletes in the KOG competition will likewise be invited to the final Podium Ceremony and will receive an honourable certificate and sponsor prizes.
- 9. There is a separate registration for the KOG competition. Athletes are required not to sign up for the MTB Adventure and Grassland Marathon following standard procedure if you want to do KOG (online registration is recommended).
- 10. The KOG competition is subject to the specific regulations of the MTB Adventure and Grassland Marathon